Last updated: 21st May 2015
If any change makes the policy less protective of your personal data, such change will not apply to data we collected about you before the change was made. The only exception to this is, unless legally prohibited, where we have provided you with notice about the changes and given you the opportunity to tell us not to apply them to your personal data.
Personal information we collect
WVC collects personal data that you voluntarily provide. "Personal Information" includes your name, address, telephone number(s) e-mail and IP address. Personal Information is collected when you establish an account with us, place a booking on the Site or when you communicate with us through the Site, telephone, e-mail or fax.
Use of information
We use the information to assists us in processing your booking, to contact you if we have any problems with your request or to send you an electronic confirmation of the booking. We will maintain the personal information provided via this Site as part of our records to assist us to maintain and improve our administration and management of our van rental business. In order to further enhance our van rental services, we may also add details to customer's names and addresses to our marketing database and may from time to time notify customers of new services of the WVC group. From time to time we may wish to notify you of our Site features or latest Internet special offers by e-mail.
Cookies and other web technologies
You can generally set your browser to reject cookies or to notify you when you are sent a cookie. Software is also available from third parties which will allow you to visit the Site without providing this information. You are welcome to use the Site if you use such software but we will not be able to offer you our personalised service
We collect your IP address when you visit our site to only identify your Internet Service Provider (ISP) and does not contain any information about you as an individual. We use this information to help us understand more about where our site traffic originates.
Corrections, updates or information removal
We make reasonable efforts to ensure that the personal data we have about you is as accurate, current and complete as necessary for the purposes for which we use that data.
You have a right to access, update, correct or have deleted personal data collected by us. You may correct factual errors in that data by sending a request to us pointing out the error. You should contact our main office at: Felstead Manor, Long Lane, Stanwell, Middlesex, TW19 7AN.
To protect your privacy and security, we will take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access or making corrections
WVC Vehicle Solutions Ltd is the data controller for the purposes of the Data Protection Act (1998). Data we hold is maintained in accordance with the Act and we may contact you from time to time to verify and update this data.
Protective and legal uses
We may use, share and disclose your personal data for legal reasons as we believe necessary or appropriate, including:
- under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence;
- to process, handle or otherwise respond to claims for damages, including claims or demands for bodily injury or property damage;
- to comply with legal process;
- to respond to requests from public and government authorities including public and government authorities outside your country of residence;
- to enforce our terms and conditions;
- to recover our vehicles, equipment or any monies due, such as through debt collection agencies;
- to protect our operations or those of any of our subsidiaries;
- to assess your credit worthiness;
- to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our subsidiaries, you or others;
- to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain